Miss Universe 2011 Winner is Miss Angola Leila Lopes


Miss Universe 2011 Winner is Miss Angola Leila Lopes. 25-year-old business student from Beguela in Angola, Leila Lopes beat out 88 other contestant and created history by becoming the first Angolan Miss Universe.




Miss Universe 2010 winner, Miss Mexico Ximena Navarrete crowned Leila Lopes as Miss Universe 2011 winner during 60th anniversary of the world’s biggest beauty pageant.
 5 ft 10 1/2 inches tall beauty, Lopes accepted the crown in a glittery strapless gown with silver sequins feathery fringe and gorgeous hairstyle with her voluminous hair pinned up in a bun. She is the fourth African woman to win the title.



 “”Thank God I’m very satisfied with the way God created me and I wouldn’t change a thing. I consider myself a woman endowed with inner beauty. I have acquired many wonderful principles from my family and I intend to follow these for the rest of my life,” Lopes replied through an interpreter, when asked “If you could change one of your physical characteristics, which one will it be and why?”



 Miss Universe 2011 pageant was held in Sao Paulo, Brazil and  judged by celebrities from many fields including media, sports, and fashion including racing car driver Helio Castronaves, journalist Connie Chung and Brazilian model Isabeli Fontana and many more famous names.




Talking about Miss Universe 2011 Top 5 Winners, Miss Angola 2011 Leila Lopes faced a tough competition from Miss Ukraine Olesia Stefanko who turned out be 1st Runner-up, Miss Brazil Priscila Machado (2ndRunner-up), Miss Philippines Shamcey Supsup (3rd Runner-up), Miss China Luo Zilin (4th Runner-up).

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More